Saturday, August 2, 2008

What A Week

So I won't get into the details of all that has happened last month. Let's just say I was sick often. It sucks that being sick, of one thing or another, has become somewhat normal at this point. But I try really hard to get better as soon as possible so that I can continue with the routines I'm comfortable with.

So I'm happy to say that my journey to financial stability is going well. This month I will have paid off 3 credit cards and that makes me really, 3 less bills to pay :) I have to say, what I love about my job is how it's made money not be an issue in my life. I don't really spend money like I used to so it's become easy to just pay off some of my debt and help my family too. Yes people, I party no more. I don't even drink anymore, that's right, no more drinking. I take daily chemotherapy pills so I've cut alcohol out as a result. I thought I would miss going to the occasional bar but it's not that bad. I've adjusted to life without the nightlife.

It's strange, last year I was getting ready for my first transplant. It was a scary time. I didn't know what to expect. I don't know if now is any different. I'm no longer scared, but I just don't know what to expect. So I just continue with my routines and try not to think too far into the future.

Work was hectic this week. The president of our company came to visit so we worked longer hours than usual, including a half day on one of our days off. Last month I didn't do so well but I've shrugged off last month's negative energy. This is a new month and it will be different. I WILL do better this month (i.e. have higher sales).

Clay will be away this week. He is spending a week in Alaska with his dad. He's doing a lot of cool things but the one thing I'm most jealous of is that he is going dog sledding, which sounds awesome. Alaska is one of those places that I may not ever want to plan on going but will always think is a cool place to go.

Tomorrow is my day off and I can't wait to sleep in. Heaven.

My friend Jorge is getting married in September and I've been too lazy to start planning where Clay and I will stay for the weekend. I need to get up on it soon.

I'll try to write again soon, I'm a little tired now and boy is it hot in my room. Time for some air conditioning.....

No comments: