Sunday, January 28, 2007

Hold Me Closer Tiny Dancer

2 more months!!! Only 4 more chemo treatments to go....

I saw The Queen on Tuesday and I have to say, I really liked it. It included clips of how people mourned Princess Diana's death and I was struck by how much people grieved her death. I have to admit, even I got teary eyed watching it but more so because I was seeing other people's grief. It was weird because it made me think about how people can get so upset when they didn't even know the person. People were like, bawling. It's funny how attached we get to public figures that we don't even know. Kinda like when Selena died, or Elvis, Aaliyah, Tupac, or Biggie. It was a really good movie.

Sometimes I wonder how much good music is out there that I haven't been exposed to yet. And by no means do I mean new music, but rather those oldies but goodies. Some of my latest downloads: ACDC, Rick James, Hector Lavoe, and Elton John's Tiny Dancer (my new favorite song, thanks to Almost Famous). I guess I'm on this kick to go back to music from the 60s to early 90s. I almost had an epiphany when I discovered the joys of Gun's N' Roses. I don't know why I never listened to it before. Now I'd rather listen to Prince and Rick James more than anything else that's playing on the radio.

Uh oh, does this mean I'm getting old? Oh god, next thing you know, I'll be talking about the young kids and their loud music.... like reggeaton! Lol, I'm just kidding, I like Calle 13 too... but it's DLG that I've been listening to more....

No comments: