Monday, May 7, 2007

It Was So Hot Today!

For Cinco de Mayo I did something I rarely do: I hung out with my brother Sergio. It's not often that we get to hang out so when we do, it makes me really happy. When I went away to college, he was only 11 years old and when I finally came back home, he was 17 already so it's taken us awhile to be able to relate again. Anyways, we were able to hang out and it was really cool (not to say that we don't, it's just not often).

I look at my siblings and I can't believe how old we all are now. During the holidays, it's tradition that we all sit around and reminisce about all the things we used to do to each other. I just can't believe that it was so long ago. My youngest brother is starting high school in the fall and then that's it. No more little kids in the house.

I found out this weekend that my friend Bertha is coming to LA in June. She and I used to share an apartment with our other friend Karyna who is getting married, hence the reason for Bertha's visit. I've kept minimally in touch with Bertha and not at all with Karyna, which sucks because the three of us were best friends for like 2 years. I am happy for Karyna but sad that our once close friendship deteriorated to the point where I didn't know she was getting married until the month before.

Which reminds me, I need to return alot of phone calls.

No comments: