Friday, May 4, 2007

Bored

I met with the transplant doctor almost 2 weeks ago. Based on my most recent PET scan results, he couldn't tell me if the cancer had gone away. Apparently the results showed that there was increased activity but it wasn't clear whether it was cancerous or non-cancerous. So.... we're just gonna wait and see. I'm gonna have another PET scan done the beginning of June. By that point, if my cancer has not gone away, it should be strong enough to show up much more clearly in the scan. It's a little unnerving to realize that I have to wait for the cancer to potentially become stronger in order to decide what my next course of treatment is going to be. If that happens, I'll be considered to have recurring disease, which means a bone marrow transplant (or it might be a stem cell transplant) would be the most likely option.

At this point, I'm just thinking positive thoughts and hoping that everything will turn out well. I'm drinking a lot of tea, taking wheatgrass shots (which are pretty gross), and trying to improve my eating habits. I'd like to return to work if only to make sure I don't lose my health insurance through my job. However, they need a note from my doctor that says I'm ok to go back to work but my doctors keep telling me to chill out. Hopefully we can all compromise and I can return at least part-time.

Wait and see....

What can I do? Nothing.

No comments: