Thursday, September 6, 2007

Feeling Dreamy

So I'm sitting here listening to a little Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Diana Krall, Louis Armstrong, and some Moon River. :)

So I've mentioned Sex & the City is my favorite show ever. Well, I once wrote down my favorite quotes from it and I think I'll share them.
  • Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with.
  • The most exciting, challenging, and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you YOU love, well that's just fabulous.
  • In a city of infinite options, sometimes there's no better feeling than knowing you only have one.
  • Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back. Maybe you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be.
  • When will waiting for the one be done?
  • "Soul mate." Two little words. One big concept. A belief that someone, somewhere, is holding the key to your heart and your dream house. All you have to do is find them. So where is this person? And if you love someone and it didn't work out, does that mean they weren't your soul mate?
  • La Douleur Exquise!: Did I ever really love Big, or was I addicted to the pain, the exquisite pain, of wanting someone so unattainable?
  • When a relationship dies, do we ever really give up the ghost, or are we forever haunted by the spirits of relationships past?
  • Time and Punishment: Can you ever really forgive if you can't forget?
  • Do we need distance to get close?
  • I am someone who is looking for love, ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't live without each other love.

This one is from the movie How to Deal:

  • Life is worth embracing.... Here's to a lifetime of big, messy, wonderfully out of order moments.

And my last one:

  • Para expresar lo que siento, me falta espacio, me falta idioma, me faltan idea y pensamiento. - son popular

You know, I think of myself as a passionate person. When I love, my love is.... everywhere and everything. When I get angry, I'm like an erupting volcano. But thank goodness I've learned to control that a little more, lol. When I feel hurt, I admit, my perceived despair can be a little extreme, lol. I think that's why sometimes I can be dramatic or an exagerada. Maybe sometimes it's too much, too much emotion. But you know, I don't think I would want to be any other way. As I've gotten older, I like to think I've calmed down a little more, in the sense that I don't let my emotions run away with me and rule my life. But I'll always cry at movies (and sometimes books), I'll always write down quotes or poems that touch me, and I'll always feel love songs deep in my heart.

Mmmmmmmm...............

No comments: