Friday, November 30, 2007

Save Me From Myself

I will no longer dance like a fool, or at least not for a very long time.

So a month ago I woke up and no one was home so I turned on the radio in the living room and heard songs that I really like so I started dancing. Since I was alone I danced crazy, the kind of way I would never dance in public, only alone when no one is looking, pretty much I danced like a fool. But I only did it for like 30 minutes. So Tuesday I woke up and again, no one was home. So I thought, hmmm, I should do some exercise, I never do any activity. So I turned on the radio again but no songs I liked were playing and then I thought, duh, I could connect my ipod to the speakers!

So that's what I did and for 2 hours I danced like a fool to all my favorite house and dance songs. Of course I would take breaks and sit down but then I'd get back up and keep going. It never occurred to me that I might be overdoing it, like some people do their first day at the gym. So the next day I woke up and when I tried to get out of bed........ I screamed from the pain in my calves. I've been limping around for the last 3 days. Like hunched over, legs spread out, limping slowly. I feel like the hunchback of Notre Dame, except he moved quickly. What's worse is that if I move around I get used to it so it doesn't hurt as much, but every time I sit down or lay down, it is torture trying to get back up. My shoulders and back hurt too but my calves are so much worse that I don't notice the upper body soreness as much. Can you believe that? I am so sore! And 3 days later it's only slightly better. I'm still limping.

It rained today. It feels like such a gloomy day. December starts tomorrow. I'm getting excited. December is the month of my birthday, Christmas, and New Year's eve. And then it's a brand new year. New beginnings.

On Monday I'll see my doctor and get the results of the CT scan. Talk about nerve wracking huh? Positive thoughts.

Well gotta go for now.

No comments: